Saturday, July 22, 2006

 

Moving out. and in (together)

So we're moving. Right now N is packing her first box (books, of course) and I think (know) how hard this is for her. It makes me sad to see her upset even though I know that she wants this as much as I do. This place has been her home, one she's owned, and come into her own in. Three years is a long time and I know that it's a place that holds a lot of meaning for her. She's so proud of it.

It would make it easier if there was a tenant, but the rental market is so friggin fickle that these kids waltz in, fill out the application and then procede stall as soon as N makes an offer. They stall and then they take another, meaning that by the time N can make a offer to a second set of folk, those folks have found other options too. It's taking a lot out of my girl and I know things will be better as soon as she finds a tenant. It's an awfully cute place- full of cuteness and special little details. Anyone in the market for a Columbia Heights Condo?? : )

As for our new place (emphasis on the our part!)- it's too cute. Just the house that we wanted. It's 2 bedrooms plus a tiny little office and finished basement. It has a nice porch in the front and a huge deck out back. The front garden has room for some flowers but won't take too much effort to keep it looking good. I'm going to buy a little hand mower. There's a japanese maple in the front that is awfully pretty. The back has a driveway (and garage, ohhh, perfect for the cars we don't have!) and room enough for a little (very little!) vegetable garden I'll plant next year and a small compost pile. It's all very exciting. Especially because it'll be our first place.

How do I feel leaving my place? I'm a big picture thinker so I started turning off my heart and head towards my place months ago. I think I'd rather make the transition long and drawn out (meaning I feel homeless for a while) than to suddenly realize I need to separate myself and pack in a day or a few hours. So yeah, I feel homeless right now. And going to Wisconsin to see the folks last week didn't help.

But that's for another post.

This has been a long month- classes (I'm done!) looking for a place to live (ditto!) trying to help N show her place (ongoing) visiting the folks and looking for work (I had an interview yesterday! yippee!).

But next week we move into our. own. house! YIPPEE!!!

Oh. yeah. The cats. They're gonna flip.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?