Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

Celebrating

N and I took a little last minute anniversary trip to Rehoboth this past weekend.

We camped at the Delaware State Seashore Park (which is hard to find after sunset, let me tell you! N and I made it to Ocean City before we turned around). Which was a tad bit, um, how to say this politely? Um, well, here, I'll just describe it with 3 mini-experiences:

1. The RV closest to us was a Jagermiester RV
2. We woke up our last morning the the 10 year old in the campsite next to us yelling at his brother "I'm not a gay cracker! You're a gay cracker!"
3. The dumpster caught on fire. This was very exciting.

Anyhow we had a great Saturday (cloudy but do-able) at Dyke Beach. I tried to get into the water a bit but it was really wild- too bad but that's ok.We had dinner at a place called Claws. N had the crab cakes but I took the adventurous route and had the whole crabs. In their shells. Dumped in front of me. It was a lot of work. N, once again proved to be the smarter of the two of us : ) She also could have used a shield, as malleting those little suckers is not a neat job. Now I'm a real Chesapeake girl, right? Sunday we outlet shopped and came home. It was a great little getaway. We needed it.

N, I love you. Thank you for your sweetness, your love, your openess. It's been a rough month getting our home together for the first time but I think we've finally gotten it. : ) Thank you for never calling me a gay cracker. Well, except that once....

xo
This photograph was taken by Michelle Frankfurter at the Jewbian Picnic

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?