Tuesday, May 15, 2007

 

Undepressing myself (DC, S and an odd branch of my family tree)

Ok. So. I just totally depressed myself and N is still at work and will be until the wee hours of the morning so... I need an activity to take my mind off of ucky thoughts...

How about DC in the rain (thanks www.dcist.com)



And a picture ofmy best buddy S and I last year (no, you don't get a cookie if you know where we are. too obvious!). S just graduated from AU's Grad program in International Communication. She's fabulous. I got to go to her graduation because she was the student speaker. I wished that K could have been there, she would have loved S's talk on dialogue.



She's cute AND looking, ladies! Line on up!

After the graduation I spent the afternoon at S and her sister's apartment at a lunch with her grandparents, an uncle, an aunt and a cousin. I felt like I'd spent the day with my family. Just as fun, just as exausting, just as glad when I got to go home : ) S's granddad did some family geneology and encouraged me to do more, even though it's "thankless." He's even heard of my most famous relative, Lepke "Lucky" Buchalter. He was a cousin of my mom's mom. In this picture (from his FBI file- whoa I still can't believe that this is public!) they described him as having "shifty eyes" What do you think?

And as a bonus... Lepke going the court house!

Yay for undepressing myself with oddities of my own family tree! Yippee!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?