Friday, July 13, 2007

 

Grief

My younger brother Alex, pictured in the sidebar passed away very early yesterday morning. He had duchenne muscular dystrophy. For a while just a disability, but then a real illness as the muscles that helped him breath lost function as well as his heart. He was twenty-four, just twenty-five months younger than me. I am still in shock, I think. My parents are bringing his body to Philadelphia, our natal home, I guess, to be buried near my Taransky grandfather. I'm meeting them there for the funeral Sunday. He looked at my blog the day he died and loved the Nathan's famous photos. I knew he would. That makes me really happy. I'll post more when I get home but for now it felt right to blog.

Comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss, may you be comforted among the mourners of Zion...
 
Sending you hugs. I cannot imagine. Am so deeply sorry about this.
 
Oh My Goodness! I am so deeply sorry for your loss. May God continue to comfort you and your family.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?